Free School Meals
Who is entitled to Free School Meals?
Parents do not have to pay for school lunches if they receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit* and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Universal Credit
*unless in the Working Tax Credit 'run on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Students who receive any of the qualifying benefits listed above in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.
What if my circumstances change?
You should notify the school:
- if you start work and come off benefits
- if you change address
- if your child changes school
How to apply
If you would like to apply for Free School Meals please complete the registration form and return it to the school office. The person who is in receipt of the qualifying benefit will need to complete the form and you will be asked to complete your full name, date of birth and National Insurance number. If appropriate, it is recommended that both parents’ information is provided.